Monday, December 27, 2010

Fresh With No Mistakes In It (...Yet)

2010 seems to be picking up speed as it sweeps toward it's close, with 2011 looming up ahead. Time is a relentless thing.
This time of year is always bittersweet to me. There is the anticipation of a fresh start with the new year mingled with regrets  either for good times slipping away with the old year, or for opportunities missed and dreams unaccomplished.
The special thing about the arrival of a new year is that it is all "fresh with no mistakes in it yet". It's a bit like being handed a clean slate. And while I don't believe that New Year's is the only time to make resolutions, to me it is an especially ideal time for just that. What better or bigger opportunity?
My heart has been very full these days, and sorting through that fullness I've found material for a number of new resolutions. They are honest, eager, perhaps daunting, resolutions to hang onto throughout the next twelve months. This time more than ever, I will be embracing the gift  and the burden of a new year with trepidation.

No comments:

Post a Comment